The LevelWizard II Open Channel Flowmeter is non-contacting and operates on the principle of timing the echo received from a pulse of sound in air, this provides a highly accurate calculation of flow from the measured head preceding the primary element.
Flow calculations to the British Standard BS3680 are available within the software together with calculations for a wide variety of othern primary elements. Also available within the unit is a customised 32 point calibration routine which also permits the flow measurement of non – standard flumes and weirs.
For channels without primary elements the LevelWizard II even offers the facility of connecting a Doppler Velocity Sensor (available from iSOLV) and performing the calculations of Flow Q = Velocity x area for a wide variety of channel shapes.
- The LevelWizard II Open Channel Flowmeter can show level, space, distance, head or flow on the display.
- The relays can be programmed to activate alarms, pump starters, or other control equipment. There is an isolated 4-20 mA output that can be connected to a chart recorder or PLC, to monitor level space or distance, independently from that shown on the display.
- There is an RS232 port, so that the LevelWizard II Open Channel Flowmeter can be operated remotely by a PC or other equipment.
- The LevelWizard II Open Channel Flowmeter can be programmed either by the built-in keypad or byusing the Remote Communicator (optional) or by PC via the RS 232 Serial Interface (optional).
- One Communicator can program many iSOLV units.
- All the parameters are stored in non-volatile memory, so are retained in the event of power interruption. A second backup copy of all parameters can also be retained in the LevelWizard II Open Channel Flowmeter, in case a previous set of parameters needs to be restored.
Open Channel Flow Measurement
It has been specifically designed to measure influent and effluent water flow from all types of municipal and industrial treatment plants.
||Nominal 1 kg
|Cable Entry Details
||10 cable entry knockouts, 5 x PG 11, 1 x PG 9, underside,
4 x PG11 at rear
||240 x 184 x 118 mm, Polycarbonate, flame resistant to UL94-V2
|Max. & Min. Temperature
|-20°C to 60°C
|Flammable Atmosphere Approval: Safe Area
||Compatible with approved dB transducers
||0.25% of the measured range or 6 mm ( whichever is greater )
||0.1% of the measured range or 2 mm ( whichever is greater )
||3meters (dB3 transducer), 6 meters ( dB6 transducer ),
10 meters ( dB 10 transducer )
||Dependent on transducer
(Digital Adaptive Tracking and ECHO Mapping )
||Isolated output of 4-20 mA or 0-20 mA into 500W
(User programmable and adjustable ) 0.1% resolution
||Full Duplex RS232, Volt free contacts, number and rating 5 form ‘C‘ ( SPDT ) rated at 5A at 240 VACDisplay 6 digits plus 12 character text, plus bargraph with directionindicators, remote communicator identifier, and program/run/test mode indicators
||0-20 or 4-20 mA for pressure sensor, velocity sensor
||On-board Programming: Integral keypad
||Via RS232 RJ11 port
||Via Password ( User Selectable and Adjustable)
|Programmed Data Security
||Via non-volatile RAM, plus backup
||115 VAC + 5% / -10% 50/60 Hz, 230 VAC + 5% / -10% 50/60 Hz, 18-36 VDC
|Note: Specification are subject to change without notice.
More Products / Systems